HOW TO MAKE GINGERBREAD MAN BISCUITS
Follow this simple 5-step gingerbread recipe for the yummiest gingerbread folk you’ve ever tasted!
1. First, rub the butter into a mixture of flour, bicarbonate of soda and ginger in a large bowl. Once you get fine breadcrumbs, add the Light Muscovado Cane Sugar.
2. Make a well in the centre of the mixture, stir in the egg and 3 tbsp of Lyle’s Golden Syrup and mix with a wooden spoon to make a soft, smooth dough.
3. Preheat the oven to 190°C/170° Fan, 375°F, Gas 5 – while it warms up, turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead. Roll the dough until it’s about 5mm (¼”) thick and stamp with a 13cm (5”) gingerbread man cutter. Transfer to two lightly greased baking trays (or trays lined with a sheet of baking paper), then re-roll the remaining dough and repeat the process.
4. Leave cut-out gingerbread men to rest for about 20 minutes before baking. Then place them on the top and middle shelves of the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, swapping the trays halfway, until they’re slightly darkened. Leave them on the baking trays for a few minutes to firm up, then transfer them to a wire rack and leave to cool.
5. Don’t forget the icing! Prepare the egg white powder as per pack instructions and gradually sift over the Icing Sugar. When the consistency is a bit like toothpaste, spoon it into the piping bag with a fine No. 3 plain nozzle – ice the gingerbread men and leave to harden for a few hours.
You can’t make these gingerbread men without Lyle’s Golden Syrup!
What makes this a great recipe? It’s Lyle’s Golden Syrup of course! Make sure you pick up our luscious syrup before you start baking.
Explore our range >