Lyle's Peanut Butter Flapjacks
- 175g crunchy peanut butter
- 75g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 6 rounded tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 75g raisins
- 175g rolled porridge oats
- 100g chocolate chips, or dark chocolate cut into pieces
- 40g peanut butter
- 2 tbsp milk, or plant based milk of your choice
- 25g lightly roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160Cfan) gas 4. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Put the peanut butter, Tate & Lyle sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup and oil into a medium pan and heat gently until melted. Stir in the raisins and oats. Turn into the tin, level and press the mixture evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until just golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool for10 minutes then cut into 12 or 16 pieces whilst still warm. When completely cool, turn onto a cooling rack.
- Melt the milk chocolate drops with the peanut butter and milk, stir until smooth. Spread evenly over the flapjack the scatter over the extra peanuts. Allow to set then slide onto a board and cut into portions with a sharp knife.