Lyle's Delightful Chocolate Brownies
- 1 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 200g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g Dr Oetker Fine Cooks 54% Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 175g Unsalted butter (cubed)
- 3 Medium eggs
- 75g Plain flour
- 40g Dr Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder
Bake up these magic brownies:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan, 350°F, Gas 4.
- Bring a saucepan one third full of water to the boil and take off the heat.
- Put the butter and the chopped chocolate in a bowl and place it over the hot water to melt.
- Stir at intervals and when melted, leave to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together for 8-10 mins. It should increase in volume and become frothy.
- Pour in the melted chocolate mix and stir gently.
- Sieve and fold in the flour and cocoa powder. Add a tablespoon of golden syrup to enhance the moisture to your brownies.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch tin lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-30 mins or until the crust on the top is cracking and middle is soft but not runny.
- Leave to cool before taking out of the tin.
Can you wait? Your brownies will taste even better if you keep them in an airtight container for 24 hours before eating.