Lyle's Homemade Chocolate Brownies Recipe
- 1 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 200g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 100g Dr Oetker Fine Cooks 54% Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 175g Unsalted butter (cubed)
- 3 Medium eggs
- 75g Plain flour
- 40g Dr Oetker Fine Dark Cocoa Powder
Bake up these magic brownies:
HOW TO MAKE EASY CHOCOLATE BROWNIES
Follow this simple 9-step chocolate brownie recipe and enjoy the most delicious homemade brownies you’ve ever tasted!
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan, 350°F, Gas 4.
- Bring a saucepan one third full of water to the boil and take off the heat.
- Put the butter and the chopped chocolate in a bowl and place it over the hot water to melt.
- Stir at intervals and when melted, leave to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar together for 8-10 mins. It should increase in volume and become frothy.
- Pour in the melted chocolate mix and stir gently.
- Sieve and fold in the flour and cocoa powder. Add a tablespoon of golden syrup to enhance the moisture to your brownies.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch tin lined with parchment paper and bake for 25-30 mins or until the crust on the top is cracking and middle is soft but not runny.
- Leave to cool before taking out of the tin.
- Your brownies will taste even better if you keep them in an airtight container for 24 hours before eating. The question is…can you wait that long?!
- You can store your leftover brownies (if there are any left!) in an airtight tin. They should last about 4 days if stored in the cupboard, and up to a week if stored in the fridge.
- If you’re looking for something to go nicely alongside your freshly baked homemade brownies, try a scoop or two of ice cream. Alternatively, hot fudge sauce, caramel sauce, or raspberry sauce are other popular favourites!