Lyle's Cheery Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 110g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g (2oz) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 75g (3oz) chocolate chips or dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 75g (3oz) chopped almonds
Create a batch of these corking cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170° Fan, 375°F, Gas 5 while you cream together the butter, vanilla, Golden Caster Sugar and the Lyle's Golden Syrup. Gradually beat in the egg.
- Sift over the flour, add the chocolate and almonds to make a stiff mixture.
- Dollop small spoonful of the mixture onto two lightly greased baking trays - allow room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake on the middle and top shelves for 10-12 minutes, swapping the trays over halfway through, or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack (hands off until they cool completely).
So moreish you'll want to grab a handful