Lyle's Cheery Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 110g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g (2oz) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Golden Caster Sugar
- 3 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 175g (6oz) self-raising flour
- 75g (3oz) chocolate chips or dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 75g (3oz) chopped almonds
HOW TO MAKE LYLE’S CHEERY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
THE SWEETEST TREAT FOR EVERY OCCASION
Chocolate chip cookies are a long-standing family favourite, and rightly so! Our cheery chocolate cookie recipe is perfect for every occasion – from parties and gatherings to a simple snack to have with a cuppa in front of the tele. No matter what your cookies are for, we hope that you and your loved ones enjoy these mouth-watering golden syrup biscuits.
Follow these 5 simple steps to create an irresistible batch of corking chocolate chip biscuits:
- First, preheat the oven to 190°C/170° Fan, 375°F, Gas 5 while you cream together the butter, vanilla, Golden Caster Sugar and the Lyle's Golden Syrup. Gradually beat in the egg.
- Sift over the flour, add the chocolate and almonds to make a stiff mixture.
- Dollop small spoonful of the mixture onto two lightly greased baking trays - allow room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake on the middle and top shelves for 10-12 minutes, swapping the trays over halfway through, or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack (hands off until they cool completely).
Waning: these golden syrup biscuits are so moreish that they can be difficult to share!
- Why not go crazy and use different kinds of chocolate chips? White chocolate, dark chocolate, milk chocolate, it’s all good and together they’re even better!
- The more you beat the egg, the stiffer the cookies will be when they’re finished. For a chewier cookie, try beating the egg in with the sugar and butter just a little bit.
- Be careful about the placement of your cookies before putting them in the oven to bake. If you’re cookies are positioned too close together on the tray then you’re likely to see one giant Frankenstein cookie once they’re finished and you take them out!