Lyle's Easy Caramel Sauce Recipe
- 150g (5oz) Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter
- 125g (4½oz) Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 150ml (5floz) double cream
Add a simple luxuriant touch...
How To Make Caramel Sauce
Add a simple, luxuriant touch in just three simple steps with this easy caramel sauce recipe...
- Pop the Lyle's Golden Syrup, butter and the Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar together in a small pan. Slowly dissolve the sugar over a low heat for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook on a low heat for a further 5 minutes, then slowly add the cream and cook for another 1-2 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Remove and leave to cool to room temperature – it really is that easy!
- Everyone loves caramel - but wait until you try it with a dash of vanilla, or even a pinch of crushed sea salt.
- Serve your delicious caramel sauce warm, at room temperature, or chilled, depending on your preference.
- Your caramel sauce will last for up to 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container. Remember that you can re-warm it if it’s too thick and not drizzle-able enough!
- If you’ve mastered this and you’re looking for something new, try our deep chocolate sauce recipe.