Lyle's Stunning Caramel Sauce
- 150g (5oz) Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter
- 125g (4½oz) Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 150ml (5floz) double cream
Add a simple luxuriant touch...
- Pop the Lyle's Golden Syrup, butter and the Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar together in a small pan. Slowly dissolve the sugar over a low heat for about 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to cook on a low heat for a further 5 minutes then slowly add the cream and cook for another 1-2 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Remove and leave to cool - it really is that easy.
Everyone loves caramel - but wait until you try it with a dash of vanilla, or even a pinch of crushed sea salt.