1. Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan, and line a 9x9inch Deep Square Tin with Parchment Paper.
2. Cream together the Sugar and Butter until smooth – add in the flour and mix again.
3. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the tin and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until pale golden on top! Remove from the oven once baked and leave to cool.
4. In a large saucepan pour the Condensed milk, Butter, Sugar, and Lyle’s Golden Syrup and melt on a medium heat till the sugar has dissolved – stir frequently to stop anything from catching.
5. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up high and let the mixture come to boiling point and boil for 5-7 minutes stirring constantly so that the mixture doesn’t catch.
6. Once boiled, add in a small amount of red food colouring and stir through.
7. Pour the caramel onto the shortbread base and leave to set for an hour in the fridge.
8. Once set, melt the Milk/Dark Chocolate and pour over the caramel.
9. Melt the White Chocolate and create a spooky style - try ghosts, spider webs, and so on!
10. Add on your spooky sweets, and leave to set fully in the fridge! Enjoy!