1. In a medium-sized bowl, beat together the ricotta, milk and egg yolk until well combined.
2. Fold the self-raising flour, baking powder, orange zest and juice into the batter and mix until smooth. Be careful not to over mix as this will make the pancakes a little tough.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg white until white, creamy and starting to hold soft peaks. Gently fold into the rest of the batter.
4. Wipe a little butter or oil over the base of the frying pan and heat. Add a large spoonful of batter to the pan and let it cook for about a minute, flip and cook the other side of the pancake for a further 30 seconds until golden.
5. Serve with a drizzle of Lyles Golden Syrup and toppings of your choice (I love berries, caramelised bananas, a spoonful of yoghurt, crème fraiche or even ice cream).