Lyle's Microwave Syrup Sponge Mug Cake Recipe
- 3tbsp self-raising flour
- 1tbsp Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster Sugar
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 2tbsp full fat milk
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- A few scrapes of lemon zest
- 1tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- Vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of Lyle’s Golden Syrup
How to make microwave syrup sponge mug cake
Want to know how to make a mug cake? Follow this simple 4-step microwave mug cake recipe for a mug full of gooey and delicious syrup sponge!
- Pour the flour, Tate & Lyle Pure Cane Caster Sugar, egg, milk, oil and lemon zest into a large, deep mug. Beat the mixture with a fork until smooth.
- Spoon a generous dollop of Lyle’s Golden Syrup on to the centre of the batter and put the mug in the microwave.
- Cook on high for 3 to 4 minutes, medium setting (600 watts) until the cake is firm to the touch. Careful though, it’ll be hot.
- Allow to stand for one minute, then serve in the mug topped with a scoop of ice cream and a delicious drizzle of sticky Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try topping your microwave mug cake with a splash of liqueur for extra delectability. Irish cream makes for a delicious addition!
- You may need to adjust your microwave timings, depending on the wattage of your microwave.