A Treat For All Occasions
Let’s face it, chocolate-covered anything is pretty great, and with flapjacks already being a well-established family favourite, the additional chocolate infusion only improves upon their yumminess!
Ideal for parties, as lunchbox fillers, or even just a snack on days ending in ‘Y’, Lyle’s mini chocolate flapjacks truly are a treat for all occasions. We’re certain you’ll enjoy the magical combination of Lyle’s Golden Syrup and Dr. Oetker’s chocolate chips and Madagascan vanilla extract.
Follow these 5 simple steps to make mouthwatering mini chocolate flapjacks:
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/ 350°F/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line an 18cm (7 inch) square cake tin.
2. Place the Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar, butter and Lyle's Golden Syrup in a saucepan and heat gently until melted together.
3. Remove from the heat and mix in the Dr. Oetker Madagascan Vanilla Extract and oats. Press into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until lightly golden and bubbling.
4. Leave to cool for approximately 5 minutes until they are firmer and then cut into 24 mini bars. Then leave to cool completely.
5. Melt the remaining Chocolate Chips according to the pack instructions. Half dip each bar in the Chocolate and place on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and leave in a cool area until set. Place into cellophane gift bags to give as a present (or don’t!)