Lyle's Luxury Panforte
24 small slices
- 110g blanched almonds
- 110g blanched hazelnuts
- 110g unsalted shelled pistachios
- 150g soft dried figs, quartered
- 75g mixed candied peel
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g plain flour
- 10g cocoa powder
- 1 rounded tsp cinnamon
- ½ rounded tsp mixed spice
- 150g Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 150g Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 25g unsalted butter
- Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar, to dust (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/150°C Fan, 325°F, Gas Mark 3.
- Combine the almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, figs, peel and cranberries in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon and mixed spice, and then stir into the fruit and nut mixture.
- Next, mix the Lyle’s Golden Syrup, Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar and butter together in a small non-stick pan over a low heat and stir with a wooden spoon until very hot and the sugar has dissolved (about 5 mins), then add to the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir really well and spoon into the prepared tin, pressing down well to make sure the surface is level.
- Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 40-45 mins until richly brown and bubbling a little at the sides. Remove, leave to cool slightly, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Lightly dust with icing sugar (optional) and cut into small slices to serve.