Lyle's Flapjack Lollipops
For the lollies
- 295 grams unsalted butter
- 350 grams Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 500 grams rolled porridge oats
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Lyle's Golden syrup for dripping and drizzling
- 1 tbsp hundreds and thousands
- 1 tbsp dried raspberry pieces
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan, 350°F, Gas 4.
2. Combine the butter and Lyle’s Golden Syrup in a large non-stick saucepan. Heat gently until melted, then remove from the heat and stir in the oats and salt.
3. Spoon the mixture into a 20cm (8”) shallow square tin, greased and lined with parchment paper. Level and press firmly with a wooden spoon to smooth. Bake on the middle shelf for 20 minutes, until just turning golden brown on top.
4. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 minutes.
5. Carefully, as the mixture can still be very hot, remove a heaped tablespoon worth and squish it firmly in to a rough ball shape with your hands.
6. Dip a wooden lolly stick in the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and insert it in the centre of the ball. Squeeze the ball to make sure it is firmly moulded to the stick. Place on a lined tray. Repeat with the remaining flapjack mixture.
7. Place in the fridge and allow to cool and harden for 30-40 minutes.
8. When hard, remove the lollies from the fridge, drizzle with Lyle’s Golden Syrup and dip into choice of toppings.