How To Make Sticky Flapjack Lollipops
the sticky flapjack recipe with a twist
Infused with our delicious Golden Syrup, these sticky flapjack lollies make for the perfect party treat, or even just a fun weekend activity to share with the kids. It takes less than an hour to prepare these tasty flapjacks, yielding enough lollies to go around and then some!
Follow these 8 simple steps to mouth-wateringly tasty flapjack lollies!
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan, 350°F, Gas 4.
2. Combine the butter and Lyle’s Golden Syrup in a large non-stick saucepan. Heat gently until melted, then remove from the heat and stir in the oats and salt.
3. Spoon the mixture into a 20cm (8”) shallow square tin, greased and lined with parchment paper. Level and press firmly with a wooden spoon to smooth. Bake on the middle shelf for 20 minutes, until just turning golden brown on top.
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
5. Carefully, as the mixture can still be very hot, remove a heaped tablespoon worth and squish it firmly into a rough ball shape with your hands.
6. Dip a wooden lolly stick in the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and insert it in the centre of the ball. Squeeze the ball to make sure it is firmly moulded to the stick. Place on a lined tray. Repeat with the remaining flapjack mixture.
7. Place in the fridge and allow to cool and harden for 30-40 minutes.
8. When hard, remove the lollies from the fridge, drizzle with Lyle’s Golden Syrup and dip into choice of toppings.