Lyle's Dreamy Choco-nut Cream Pancakes
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 300ml full fat milk
- 2 medium eggs
- 125g plain flour
- 25g butter, melted
- Extra melted butter or vegetable oil for frying
- 300ml double cream
- 40g chopped mixed nuts
- 25g chocolate, grated
- 4 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
Get that dreamily nutty chocolate taste - topped off perfectly with Lyle's
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, then fold in the chopped nuts and grated chocolate. Put to one side.
- Whisk milk and eggs together in a jug. Put the flour into a large bowl, and make a hollow in the middle - then gradually pour the milk mixture into the centre, whisking as you pour. Continue until you have a smooth batter, then whisk in the melted butter. [You can also just put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.]
- Now you're ready for the pancakes - use a non-stick 18cm/7inch pan for best results. Heat the pan on medium until there is a slight haze coming from it. Brush it with butter or oil then pour in about 70ml of the batter. Tilt so the batter evenly covers the bottom of the pan.
- Cook for about a minute or until the liquid batter has set and the pancake is beautifully golden. Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and give a little shake - it should come loose and move in the pan. Flip the pancake over, then cook for a further minute.
- Prepare more the same way. Take each pancake (not too hot - careful) and spread with the mixture, quickly roll up and then cut into 5cm diagonal pieces. Transfer to a plate, drizzle with Lyle's Golden Syrup - and you're done.
Enjoy this creamy treat for a special morning start - or a great dessert at any time!