Lyle’s Decadent Dessert Pizza
8 pizza slices
For the ‘pizza dough’ cookie
- 50g (5 oz) self-raising flour
- 150g (5 oz) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 125g (4 ½ oz) softened unsalted butter
- 100g (3 ¾ oz) of Tate & Lyle Light Muscovado Sugar
- 1 egg beaten
For the cream cheese ‘sauce’
- 2 blocks of soft cheese/cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
For the apple slice topping
- One large red apple, cored and sliced thin
- Sugar and Cinnamon mix: 1 tbsp of each
For the drizzle
- Lyle's Golden Syrup Tin 2 tablespoons of
- 1 tablespoon of softened caramel topping
Lyle's Decadent Dessert Pizza
- Set oven at 160 degrees C (Gas Mark 3).
- Sift flours and the ground cinnamon into a large bowl to blend well and remove any bumps.
- In a separate bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar until its smooth. Add the egg and mix well until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the dry ingredients with the wet. Combine until you form a firm ball.
- Place dough ball on pizza tray lined with parchment paper, and press into a circle and until evenly flattened.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until fully baked but still soft.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- Mix soft cheese/cream cheese with ground cinnamon until fully blended
- Spread mixture onto cookie pizza until spread evenly
- Toss apple slices in cinnamon sugar mixture until fully coated, and place on top of pizza to taste
- Drizzle Lyle’s Golden Syrup on top in a lattice or swirl pattern.
- Drizzle caramel on top in similar pattern.
- Chill 15 minutes, and serve.