Lyle's Chocolatey Fudge Cupcakes
FOR THE CAKES
- 2 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 60g Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar
- 110g Butter
- 2 Large eggs
- 20g Dr Oetker Cocoa Powder
- 100g Self-raising flour
- ½ tsp Dr Oetker Bicarbonate Of Soda
- Drop of milk
FOR THE BUTTER CREAM
- 4 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 150g Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar
- 120g Dr Oetker Fine Cooks 54% Dark Chocolate (melted over a pan of hot water and left to cool)
- 200g Unsalted butter softened
For The Cakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan, 350°F, Gas 4.
- Whisk the Tate&Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar, butter and Lyle’s Golden Syrup until soft and creamy. Beat in the eggs a little at a time.
- Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa, then fold into the mixture.
- Add a little milk to make a soft consistency (so it easily falls from the spoon)
- Line a bun tray with 9 cup cake cases and divide the mixture up into them. (an ice-cream scoop makes this super easy)
- Bake for 20 mins or until a fine skewer comes out clean
For The Butter Cream
- Beat the butter and Lyle's Golden Syrup together.
- Sift in Tate&Lyle Icing Sugar until soft and smooth, then mix in the cooled melted chocolate.
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and pipe circular swirls on the top of your cooled chocolate cupcakes.