Lyle's Chocolate Cheesecake Pancakes
- 115g plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 300ml full fat milk
- 2 large eggs
- 25g butter, melted
- Extra melted butter or vegetable oil for frying
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Caster Sugar
- 100g chocolate chips, white, milk or dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp double cream
- Lyle's Squeezy Dessert Chocolate Syrup
Follow these steps for cheesecake chocolate pancake heaven...
- Sift the flour and cocoa into a large bowl, and make a hollow in the centre. Whisk the milk and eggs together then gradually pour into the hollow, continuing to mix as you pour.
- Whisk together until you have a smooth batter, then beat in the melted butter. Alternatively, just put all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whizz until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick 18cm/7inch pan on medium until there is a slight haze coming from it. Brush with butter or oil and pour in about 70ml of batter (use a small ladle if available). Tilt the pan so the batter evenly covers the bottom.
- Cook for 1 minute or until the liquid batter has set and the pancake is golden. Loosen the edges of the pancake with a spatula and give a little shake - it should come loose and move in the pan. Then either flip the pancake or turn it over using a fish slice, and cook for a further minute.
- Continue to cook the rest of the batter in the same way.
- Heat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°, Gas 5.
- For the filling, mix together the ricotta, Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar, chocolate drops and cream. Spread the filling over half of each pancake then fold into quarters, and arrange in a greased ovenproof dish. Cook in the oven for 8-10 minutes. Serve the pancakes smothered in Lyle's Squeezy Syrup Chocolate.
Your only problem will be containing that generously rich filling once you bite into the pancake .