Lyle's Cheesecake Cupcakes
FOR THE BASE
- 8 Digestive Biscuits
- 25g Unsalted Butter
- Lyle's Golden Syrup 25g Lyle’s Golden Syrup
FOR THE FILLING
- 250ml Sour Cream
- 350g Cream Cheese
- 1 Large Egg (at room temperature)
- 10g Plain Flour
- 1 Lemon, zested & juiced
- Lyle's Golden Syrup 50g Lyle’s Golden Syrup
FOR THE TOPPING
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled & cut into fine shreds
- 2 large pears, peeled, quartered, cored & cut into 5mm dice
- Line 12-hole muffin tin with paper cake cases.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat.
- Put the biscuits in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin crush them to a fine consistency and tip into a bowl. Mix in the butter and the Lyle’s Golden Syrup until nice and sticky. Divide between the cake cases and with a back of a spoon or a small glass which fits inside pat the mixture down
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan160°C, 350°F, Gas 4.
- Combine the sour cream, cream cheese, egg, flour, lemon zest, half the lemon juice and the Lyle’s Golden Syrup in a mixing bowl. Use a hand blender to mix together until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into the cake cases right up to the brim and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 15-20 minutes to set the cheesecakes. They should still be pale in colour when they are ready. Remove, leave to cool in their tins for about 30 minutes then carefully transfer to cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small pan combine the rest of the lemon juice, the ginger, the pears and the Lyle’s Golden Syrup. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until the pear is just cooked - be careful not to break the pear up. Lift the pear and ginger out with a slotted spoon to a bowl then boil the syrup for 5-8 minutes to reduce it down to 1 tablespoon, drizzle over the pears and leave to cool.
- Spoon the pear mixture over the tops of cheesecakes, arrange on a plate and serve.