Lyle's Apple Pie Flapjacks
- 225g (8oz) Unsalted butter
- 110g (4oz) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Muscovado Cane Sugar
- 75g (3oz) Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 350g (12oz) Mornflake organic oats
- Pinch of salt
- 40g (1.5oz) chopped walnuts
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 365g (13oz) Bramley cooking apples, quartered & cored
- Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar, to dust
- Ground cinnamon, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°, 350°F, Gas 4.
- Using a 20cm (8") shallow square loose-bottomed tin, line with parchment paper and grease.
- Combine the butter, Tate & Lyle Light Muscovado Sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup in a large non-stick saucepan and heat gently until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and salt.
- Tip into a bowl, leave to cool, then add the walnuts and cinnamon and coarsely grate over the apple, including the skin. Mix well, spoon into the tin, level and press firmly with a palette knife to smooth. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 45-50 minutes or until golden.
- Remove, leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then mark into pieces whilst still warm. Cool, lift out onto a board, discard the parchment and cut into squares with a sharp knife. Place on a cooling rack. Lightly dust with the Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar and cinnamon and serve.