Lyle's Apple Cinnamon Stateside Pancakes
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 medium eggs
- 4 level tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 25g butter, melted
- 300ml milk
- Oil for frying
FOR THE TOPPING
- 3 dessert apples
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Knob of butter
- 3 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
Cook up some great syrupy pancakes for a warming American classic...
- Start with the syrup topping: peel, core and chop the apples into small pieces. Put into a pan with the lemon juice and butter over a medium heat, and toss together until the butter melts. Add the Lyle's Golden Syrup and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring until the apples are tender and golden.
- For the pancakes, mix the flour with the cinnamon, then beat the eggs, Lyle's Golden Syrup and butter until smooth, and whisk in the milk. Make a well in the flour and gradually add the egg mixture, stirring all the time to make a lovely thick, smooth batter
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan, and brush with oil. Add a full tablespoon of batter, then repeat twice, leaving a little space for the pancake to spread.
- Cook over a low heat for 2-3 minutes until small bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook on the other side until golden. Keep warm and cook the rest of your pancakes in the same way.
- Serve with that wonderful apple topping.
Apples, cinnamon and Lyle's; the perfect way to wrap up a great pancake recipe.