Lyle's 15 Minute Flapjacks
- 110g (4oz) unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 110g (4oz) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Soft Brown Cane Sugar
- 225g (8oz) Mornflake organic oats
- 1 rounded tsp of baking powder
- 1 large egg, beaten
- pinch of salt
- Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar, to dust (optional)
- ground cinnamon, to dust (optional)
- Combine the butter, Lyle’s Golden Syrup and Tate & Lyle Light Soft Brown Sugar in a microwaveable bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes, until melted. Remove, stir and cool for 5 minutes, then mix in the oats, baking powder, egg and salt.
- Tip into a silicone mould - a tupperware box of around 15 cm x 20 cm should work well but you can adjust the sizing to your preference. Just make sure that the box you use is high enough as the mixture will expand a little. Level and press with a palette knife to smooth. Microwave on high (800W) for 4-5 minutes or until no liquid remains and the mixture has dried out.
- Remove, leave to cool for about 15 minutes and then mark into pieces. Cool completely in the mould then turn out and cut into squares with a sharp knife.
You can dust a little Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar and cinnamon to finish.