Follow these 7 simple steps for the ultimate taste explosion!
1. First, grease a 20cm x 30cm baking tray with butter and set it aside.
2. Next, add the sugar and Lyle's Golden Syrup to a large heavy-based saucepan and heat gently to dissolve the sugar. Once the sugar has dissolved, turn the heat up and bring it to a gently rolling bubble.
3. Once the colour begins to turn to amber, turn off the heat and add all of the bicarbonate of soda at once. Use a wooden spoon to mix it in and then pour into the prepared tin. Don’t be tempted to smooth the top as this will only tear the top layer.
4. Leave the honeycomb to cool and harden for at least an hour, after which you can break it up into smaller pieces and dip them in melted chocolate.
5. Meanwhile, place the chocolate in a bowl. Heat the cream and sugar in either a saucepan or in the microwave and then pour it over the chocolate to melt it.
6. Finally, use a whisk to mix everything until uniform in colour. Pour the chocolate mixture into glasses and chill for at least 6 hours.
7. To serve, add a spoonful of whipped cream to the top of each glass, grate over extra chocolate, sprinkle over crumbled honeycomb and then add a few raspberries and a larger piece of chocolate dipped honeycomb for the finishing touches.