Lyle's Good-and-Syrupy Cupcakes
- 185g (6½oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 150g (5oz) Fairtrade Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Cane Sugar
- 185g (6½oz) self-raising flour
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp milk
Buttercream & Decoration
- 110g (4oz) unsalted butter, softened
- 200g (7oz) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Cane Sugar + extra for dusting
- 2 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup + extra for drizzling
- 1 tbsp milk
Bake a little love into your cupcakes...
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan, 350°F, Gas 4 while you combine the butter, Lyle's Golden Syrup, Golden Caster Sugar, flour, eggs and milk together in a bowl. Beat with a mixer until soft and creamy.
- Divide the mixture between paper cases in a 12-hole muffin tin and bake on the middle shelf for 20-25 minutes until well risen and golden brown (and they spring back when lightly pressed with a finger). Transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool while you make the buttercream.
- Plonk the butter in a bowl, sift over the icing sugar and mix until soft, then add the Lyle's Golden Syrup and milk and stir it smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle and decorate the cakes with a swirl of butter cream.
- You're ready to just drizzle over a little Lyle's Golden Syrup, lightly dust with Icing Sugar and serve away.
Enjoy the warming golden tang in these moist, generous cupcakes. Bet you can't stop at just one.