Lyle's Gorgeous Glazed Barbecued Ribs
FOR THE RIBS
- 500g (1lb2oz) pork loin rack of ribs
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme
- 1 large garlic clove, unpeeled
FOR THE GLAZE
- 1 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 rounded tbsp Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Dark Soft Brown Sugar
Perk up your pork ribs
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/180° Fan, 400°F, Gas 6.
- Lay the ribs in a large saucepan and cover with boiling water.
- Drop in the rosemary, thyme and garlic clove and bring to the boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes, then drain and discard the water, herbs and garlic.
- Ready for that glaze? Pour the Lyle's Golden Syrup, ketchup, soy sauce and sugar in a small pan, then simmer for 3-4 minutes (or until reduced and nicely sticky).
- Place the blanched ribs on a baking tray and brush all over with the glaze. Pop them on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 10-15 minutes, until the pork is completely cooked through and nicely sticky.
- Shift the ribs to a chopping board - slice into soldiers and serve.
Why not take it outside to the garden for that real BBQ experience? Dig in and get sticky fingers...