Lyle's Not-Just-For-Kids Chocolate Crispies
- 110g (4oz) dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids, broken into squares
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter, cubed
- 50g (2oz) Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 75g (3oz) breakfast cereal
Crisp up these crunchy party favourites:
- Pop the chocolate, butter and Lyle's Golden Syrup in a heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of simmering water for about 5 minutes - stir from time to time, until it's melted and smooth (don't let that bowl base touch the water).
- Remove from the heat then gently stir in the cereal with a metal spoon until completely covered in chocolate.
- Scoop the mixture into paper cake cases in a 12-hole muffin tin and then chill in the fridge for about 1 hour or until the chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat (they keep for about a week).
For a more grown-up version, just stir a couple of tablespoons of strong coffee into the melted chocolate mixture as you go.