Lyle's Chocolate Crispy Cake Recipe
- 110g (4oz) dark chocolate 70% cocoa solids, broken into squares
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter, cubed
- 50g (2oz) Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 75g (3oz) breakfast cereal
How To Make Chocolate Crispe Cakes
Chocolate Crispies – The Taste Of Childhood
From birthday parties, to packed lunches, to weekend treats, chocolate crispy cakes are a classic family favourite and a nostalgic throwback to childhood. We’re sure many of you remember making these cakes with your parents when you were younger, now perhaps you’re looking to do the same with your own kids. Whatever your plans for these cheeky chocolatey treats, we hope you enjoy every single bite!
Crisp up these crunchy party favourites in three simple steps:
- Pop the chocolate, butter and Lyle's Golden Syrup in a heatproof bowl and set it over a pan of simmering water for about 5 minutes – stirring from time to time until it's melted and smooth (don't let the bowl base touch the water).
- Remove from the heat and then gently stir in the cereal with a metal spoon until completely covered in chocolate.
- Scoop the mixture into paper cake cases in a 12-hole muffin tin and then chill in the fridge for about 1 hour or until the chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to eat (they keep for about a week – if they make it that far!)
- For a more grown-up version of this treat, just stir a couple of tablespoons of strong coffee into the melted chocolate mixture as you go.
- Why not try nesting some mini chocolate eggs on top for an added chocolatey crunch?
- Bran flakes cereal is said to be a tasty substitute for crispies.
- Try using a little more Golden Syrup to make your cakes even more gooey and yummy.