1. Preheat the oven to 175 C (160C fan). Line the 12-hole muffin/ cupcake case with 12 paper cases.
2. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and the sugar until pale and fluffy, for about 2 minutes. Add Lyle's Golden Syrup and mix again. Crack in one large egg, and whisk to combine.
3. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger. Fold the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture and whisk until just combined. Divide the batter between the cupcake cases, filling them up to 2/3.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until risen and golden, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool for 5 minutes, before transferring the cupcakes into a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and icing sugar together. Add the vanilla extract and mix again. Divide the frosting between two bowls. Add a few drops of orange food colouring to one of the bowls, and a few drops of yellow food colouring to another bowl, mixing well to combine.
2. Transfer the frosting into a piping bag, alternating the colours. Pipe the frosting on top of the cupcakes. Decorate the cupcakes with pretzel sticks. Place the mini marshmallows onto the toothpicks and decorate the cupcakes with them to make them look like mini bonfires.