This is lovely for breakfast (or any time of day, to be honest) Why not make this yummy banana bread recipe now?!
How to make banana bread
Banana bread is a lovely treat for breakfast time, or at any time of day, to be honest! Follow this 7-step easy banana bread recipe and enjoy a luscious loaf of deliciousness!
1. Mash two-thirds of the banana to a smooth paste in a bowl, then add the rest, crushing into small chunks.
2. Preheat the oven to 170°C/150° Fan, 325°F, Gas 3 – while it’s warming up, combine the eggs, warm melted butter and Lyle’s Golden Syrup in a separate bowl, whisking until light and frothy.
3. Fold in the mashed bananas with a large metal spoon, sift over the flour, baking powder and salt. Lightly fold in, then add the walnuts and orange zest.
4. Spoon the soft mixture into a 900g (2lb) lined (or greased) loaf tin. Cut a final banana lengthways into thin slices and arrange three on top of the cake mixture (go on; be creative).
5. Bake for 50 minutes on the middle shelf then cover with foil and bake for a further 10-20 minutes, until golden and springy in the centre (a fine skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean). Leave in the tin for 15 minutes to initially cool down, and then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Warm 1 tablespoon of Lyle’s Golden Syrup in a small pan and brush over the top of the banana bread.
7. Cut into generous, thick slices. Indulge.