Follow this simple 6-step apple and cinnamon muffin recipe for 6 tasty muffins ideal as a lunchbox filler, an afternoon snack, or the perfect picnic addition!
1. Preheat your oven to 220°C and grease your muffin tin. You can use a mini 9-count muffin tin or a regular muffin tin too.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and chopped walnuts together in a large bowl. Set aside. In a smaller bowl, whisk the eggs, Lyle’s Golden Syrup, coconut butter and whisk until combined.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, stir a few times, then add the grated apple. Fold everything together gently until just combined. Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling them all the way to the top.
4. If you played around with mini cutters and made some apple stars or hearts you can get your little one to decorate the muffins.
5. Bake them for 5 minutes at 220°C then reduce the oven temperature to 170°C for another 10-15min for mini muffins and 20 minutes for regular ones. Take them out and leave them in the muffin tin for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
6. Drizzle the muffins with Lyle's Golden Syrup and serve while still warm. They will stay fresh at room temperature for a few days.