Apple Bircher muesli
For the muesli
- 185g (6½oz) Mornflake organic oats
- 275ml (10floz) apple juice
- 125g (4½oz) natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1 red eating apple, quartered & cored
- 1 green eating apple, quartered & cored
For the topping
- 1 rounded tbsp flaked almonds
- 1 rounded tbsp shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
- 4 rounded tbsp natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds, such as sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, hemp & sesame
- Lyle’s Golden syrup, to serve
1. Combine the oats, apple juice, yoghurt and Lyle’s Golden Syrup in a bowl. Grate in the apples, including the skins, and stir well.
2. Put the almonds in a small non-stick frying pan over a lowish heat and fry for 1 minute until lightly toasted. Add to the pistachios and mixed seeds.
3. Spoon three-quarters of the muesli into bowls, top with yoghurt, spoon over the rest of the muesli, scatter with the nuts and seeds and serve with Lyle’s Golden Syrup.
Also good served warm – just microwave the muesli before topping with the yoghurt and seeds.