Lyle's Warming Apple & Blackberry Crumble
FOR THE CRUMBLE
- 75g Self-raising flour
- 75g Wholemeal flour
- 120g Butter (chilled)
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 120g Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar
- 75g Hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
FOR THE FILLING
- 750g Bramley apples
- 320g Blackberries
- Knob of butter
- 2 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
Get that warm feeling inside:
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan, Gas 5.
- Peel, core and chop the apples, then put them into a pan with a knob of butter and ½ tablespoon water
- Cook together for 7-8 minutes until the apple begin to soften, add the Lyle's Golden Syrup then remove from the heat. Gently fold in the blackberries and tip into a 9 inch ovenproof dish.
- To make the crumble, put the flours into a bowl with the cinnamon, dice the butter and add to the bowl, then rub together until the mixture looks like rough crumbs. Stir in the Tate & Lyle Demerara Sugar and nuts. Scatter over the fruit and bake for 30-35 minutes until the topping is crisp and golden.
- Serve with double cream or crème fraiche.
Savour that mix of crunch and piping hot apples on a cold day. Seconds, anyone?