Lyle's Rocky Road Chocolate Bars
- 115g unsalted butter
- 225g good quality plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 100g mixed milk and white chocolate chips
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 225g ginger biscuits, broken into pieces
- Icing sugar to dust
Try This Rocky Road Recipe
The beautify of this rocky road chocolate bar recipe is that it’s simple and easy to follow without any complicated steps or the need to track down any hard to come by ingredients. Thanks to the inclusion of Lyle’s Golden Syrup, this recipe yields sweet-tasting rocky road bars that are neither too solid, nor too hard to chew. What’s more, this recipe takes just 15 minutes to prep, making it the perfect quick win for an easy baking session.
HOW TO MAKE ROCKY ROAD BARS
Follow these 4 simple steps to make the perfect rocky road chocolate bars.
- First, line a shallow 20 cm/8-inch square tin with baking parchment. Then, in a small pan heat the butter, plain chocolate, Lyle’s Golden Syrup, caster sugar, cocoa powder and stir together with a wooden spoon. Once melted together, leave to cool for 10 minutes. Alternatively, heat in the microwave for 2 minutes and stir until smooth.
- Then, in a large bowl place the milk and white chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, crushed ginger biscuits and bind together with the melted chocolate sauce.
- Next, pour the mixture into the lined tin, press down evenly then leave to set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Finally, remove from cake tin and slice into 16 snack-sized rocky road bars. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
- If you use larger marshmallows, you can snip them into quarters with scissors.
- One of the best things about rocky road is that you can be as creative as you like with the chocolate mix. Get creative and experiment with a variety of chocolates, sweets and sprinkles for the ultimate taste explosion.
- These rocky road chocolate bars will keep for up to 3 weeks in the fridge if placed in an airtight container.