Lyle's Golden Bacon Pancakes Recipe
- 50g plain flour
- 1 egg
- 100ml semi-skimmed milk
- 25ml water
- Crispy bacon
- Lyle's Golden Syrup
HOW TO MAKE BACON PANCAKES
Follow this simple 3-step bacon pancakes recipe and get your morning off to a cracking start with this British take on an American classic.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, making a well in the centre for the egg - then add a dash of water to the egg.
- Slowly beat the mixture into the flour with a wooden spoon, then add the milk a little bit at a time, beating until you have a smooth batter.
- Cook each pancake in a little oil until gorgeously golden on both sides - then simply serve with hot crispy bacon, and a drizzle of Lyle's Golden Syrup.
- For a smokier bacon taste with a reduced fat content, we recommend grilling your bacon as opposed to frying it.
- If you do opt to fry your bacon, you could always refrigerate the leftover bacon fat and use it for roasting potatoes or vegetables!
- Pancakes and bacon are sure to help you start your day with a wide smile, and a satisfied stomach!