Fudge Brownie Sundae
- 25g dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 55g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 10g cold unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 chocolate brownie (shop-bought or homemade leftover)
- 1/2 x 410g can cherries in natural juice, plus fresh cherries to decorate (optional)
- 2 scoops vanilla ice cream
Place the chocolate, golden syrup, caster sugar, hot water and cocoa powder in a saucepan. Warm through gently over low heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted and the sauce is smooth. Turn up the heat, bring to the boil and bubble for about 30 seconds, without stirring. Remove from the heat and beat in the butter and cold water. Leave to cool slightly.
Crumble the brownie, divide it between 2 sundae glasses and drizzle over a tablespoon of the cherry juice, Tumble a generous amount of cherries into each glass. Spoon half of the warm chocolate fudge sauce over the cherries, top with ice cream and the remaining sauce and decorate with a fresh cherry, if you like.
For extra crunchiness add crushed nuts such as pecans, almonds or peanuts.