Lyle's Special Soy Chicken Marinade
- 175ml (6fl oz) soy sauce
- 125g (4½ oz) Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 4cm (1½) piece ginger, peeled & finely grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 chicken breasts
Try a subtly different soy sauce:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160° Fan, 350°F, Gas 4 while you combine the soy sauce, Lyle's Golden Syrup, sesame oil, ginger and a generous amount of black pepper in a shallow non-metallic dish. Add the chicken and leave to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours (or overnight, if you can wait), turning from time to time. Cover and chill.
- Drain the chicken and keep the marinade. Pop it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and cook for 20-25 minutes - or until golden brown and cooked through. Baste halfway through with the leftover marinade.
- Transfer to a dish and serve. It's really that simple.
Now savour that subtle syrup twist ...