Lyle's Christmas Vanilla-Spiced Mincemeat Porridge
FOR THE PORRIDGE
- 40g (1½oz) rolled oats
- 275ml (10floz) milk or milk & water
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 heaped tbsp mincemeat
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract, optional
- ¼ level tsp ground cinnamon, optional
- 2 tbsp double cream, lightly whipped
- Lyle's Golden Syrup, to serve
- Combine the oats and milk in a small non-stick pan. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously for 1 minute until nice and smooth.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute before pouring into a bowl...
- Mix the mincemeat, vanilla and cinnamon, (if using) together in a small bowl then spoon over the porridge. Drizzle over the cream and some Lyle's Golden Syrup and serve.