Lyle's Sweet Potato, Pepper and Halloumi Skewers
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 x 250g packs Halloumi cheese, cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp Lyle’s Black Treacle
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- Pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6. Put the sweet potato chunks into a roasting dish with the olive oil, tossing to coat. Roast for 15-20 minutes, turning once, until just tender. Cool for a few minutes.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling, make the glaze by mixing together the Lyle’s Black Treacle with the lime zest and juice, olive oil and chilli flakes. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Thread the sweet potato chunks onto skewers with the Halloumi cheese and peppers.
- Preheat the barbecue or grill. Brush some of the glaze over the skewers, then cook them for 4-5 minutes. Cook until the cheese and peppers are slightly charred, brushing occasionally with the glaze.
Use other veg on the skewers if you like, such as mushrooms, cherry tomatoes or chunks of courgette.