Lyle's Sweet Chilli Tomatoes on Toast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 450g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1½ tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- crusty bread, for toasting
- extra virgin olive oil or butter
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Add the cherry tomatoes and toss around over a medium-high heat for a couple of minutes until they are starting to soften.
- Add the Lyle's Golden Syrup, balsamic vinegar, chilli, salt and pepper. Cook for a minute or so, stirring gently, until the tomatoes are softened and thickening.
- Meanwhile toast the bread and either spread with butter or drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- Spoon the tomatoes over the top of the toast and serve.