Lyle's Golden Pineapple and Coconut Pancakes
FOR THE PANCAKES
- 250g (10oz) pancake mix (for example Greens)
- 110g (4oz) sweetened desiccated coconut
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tbsp Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 350ml milk
- 200g (8oz) can of crushed pineapple
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Crème fraiche or plain yoghurt
Make these pancakes for a juicy dessert - or a really exotic start to the day
- Make the batter by combining the pancake mix, coconut, egg, milk and crushed pineapple together in a large bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, under a medium heat. Pour a rounded tablespoon of batter onto the hot pan and flatten slightly.
- Fry the batter for 1-2 minutes and when it starts to bubble, turn over to reveal a crisp and golden side. Cook the other side for a further 1-2 mins, then leave in a warm place.
- Use up the rest of the batter in the same way.
- To serve, stack up 3-4 pancakes per person, drizzle with Lyle's Golden Syrup and top with a dollop of crème fraiche.
Juicy on their own, these pancakes are even more delicious served with some fruit salad.