Lyle's Chocolate Chip and Orange Flapjacks
- 295g (10½ oz) unsalted butter
- 150g (5oz) Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Dark Soft Brown Cane Sugar
- 110g (4oz) Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 500g (1lb 2oz) Mornflake organic oats
- Pinch of salt
- 2 medium oranges, zested
- 3 tbsp orange juice
- 110g (4oz) dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Icing Sugar, to dust
- Cocoa, to dust
- You will also need a 20cm (8”) shallow square loose-bottomed tin, greased and lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter, Tate & Lyle Dark Soft Brown Sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup in a large non-stick saucepan and heat gently until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and salt.
- Tip into a bowl, add the orange zest and juice and then leave to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°, 350°F, Gas 4.
- Stir in the chocolate and spoon the mixture into the tin, level and press firmly with a palette knife to smooth. Bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
- Remove, leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then mark into pieces whilst still warm. Cool, lift out onto a board, discard the parchment and cut into squares with a sharp knife. Place on a cooling rack. Lightly dust with the Tate & Lyle Icing Sugar and cocoa and serve.