Lyle's Bacon-Crisp Porridge
FOR THE PORRIDGE
- 40g (1½oz) porridge oats
- 275ml (10floz) milk, or milk and water
FOR THE TOPPING
- 2-3 rashers rindless streaky bacon
- Lyle's Golden Syrup, to serve
Add an irresistible crispiness to that great morning taste of Lyle's
- Preheat the grill, then put the bacon on a baking tray and grill for 3-4 minutes, turning once, until beautifully crisp and golden.
- Remove, then cut or break the bacon into pieces.
- Combine the oats and milk in a small non-stick pan. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously for 1 minute until lovely and smooth.
- Leave to stand for 1 minute before transferring to a bowl.
- Sprinkle on the bacon and serve with Lyle's Golden Syrup - and you're done.
Bacon with that sweet golden glow...you know it'll be a great morning when you step outside!