Lyle's Laidback Blueberry Muffins
FOR THE MUFFINS
- 380g (13½oz) self-raising flour
- 110g (4oz) Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 50g (2oz) Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 175ml (6floz) vegetable oil
- 150g (5oz) thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon, zested
- 30g (1¼oz) rolled oats
- 150g (5oz) blueberries
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1 tbsp Tate & Lyle Golden Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp rolled oats
Get the day off to a great start
- Get the oven on to preheat 180°C/160°C Fan, 350°F, Gas 4.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the center. Add the Lyle's Golden Syrup and Golden Caster Sugar, the vegetable oil, yoghurt, eggs, vanilla and lemon zest. Lightly and quickly stir together with a wooden spoon.
- Using a metal spoon, fold in the oats and the blueberries (the mixture will be very thick and paste-like - this is fine). Divide between paper cases in a 12-hole tin, filling almost to the tops.
- Mix the extra Golden Caster Sugar and the oats together and scatter over the muffins.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 25 minutes or until golden and risen (a fine skewer poked into the center should come out clean).
- Remove to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes
- Hold off until ready to eat (this is the hard bit) - then enjoy.
Eat them on the day - but they freeze well too if you're lucky enough to have any left over.