Blueberry & Hazelnut Porridge
For the topping
- 10g (½oz) blanched hazelnuts
- 50g (2oz) blueberries
- 1 heaped dsp mixed seeds - sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, hemp & sesame
- Lyle's Golden Syrup, to serve
For the porridge
- 40g (1½oz) porridge oats
- 275ml (10floz) milk or milk & water
1. Put the hazelnuts in a small non-stick frying pan over a moderate heat and fry for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted. Cool and roughly chop.
2. Combine the oats and milk in a small non-stick pan. Bring to the boil, stirring continuously for 1 minute until smooth. Leave to stand for 1 minute before transferring to a bowl.
3. Top the porridge with the blueberries, hazelnuts and seeds and serve with Lyle's Golden Syrup.
If blueberries aren't in season, use frozen blueberries. They'll be just as tasty.