1. Add the flour, sugar and salt into a food processor and pulse quickly to mix. Add the butter and sour cream and pulse for 10 to 20 seconds until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs with some pea-size chunks.
2. Turn out onto a floured surface and bring the pastry together with your hands. Knead a couple of times until it comes together. Divide the pastry into two and shape each into a disc. Wrap individually in cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Pre-heat your oven to 180C.
4. Add the peach slices, Lyle's Golden Syrup, lemon zest and thyme leaves onto a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
5. Remove both discs of pastry from the fridge. Roll each out into a 20cm diameter circle and place both circles on a lined baking tray.
6. Sprinkle the ground almonds onto the centre of each disc (leaving a 2 cm gap around the edge). Divide the peach slices between the two discs.
7. Fold the shortcrust pastry edges over the peaches. Brush the pastry with milk and sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Serve warm with an extra drizzle of Lyle's Golden Syrup and a scoop of vanilla ice-cream. Enjoy!