Lyle's Rocky Road Bars
- 115g unsalted butter
- 225g good quality plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- 100g mixed milk and white chocolate chips
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 225g ginger biscuits, broken into pieces
- Icing sugar to dust
- Line a shallow 20 cm/8 inch square tin with baking parchment. In a small pan heat the butter, plain chocolate, Lyle’s Golden Syrup, caster sugar, cocoa powder and stir together with a wooden spoon. Once melted together leave to cool for 10 minutes. Alternatively, heat in the microwave for 2 minutes and stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl place the milk and white chocolate chips, mini marshmallows, crushed ginger biscuits and bind together with the melted chocolate sauce.
- Pour into the lined tin, press down evenly then leave to set in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Remove from cake tin and slice into 16 snack-sized rocky road bars. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
If you use larger marshmallows, snip them into quarters with scissors.