Lyle's Fruit and Nut Bars
- 150g Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 75g butter
- grated zest of 1 orange
- 150g prunes, roughly chopped
- 150g pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 150g porridge oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 100g mixed seeds (such as sunflower and pumpkin)
- 50g flaked almonds
- 50g brazil nuts, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 6. Grease a 20x20cm square cake tin with butter and line the base with baking parchment.
- Put Lyle's Golden Syrup, butter, orange zest, prunes and dates in a saucepan and gently heat until the butter has melted. Cook over a low-medium heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and mash everything together using a potato masher or the back of a wooden spoon.
- Transfer to a bowl and thoroughly mix in the oats, cinnamon, seeds, cranberries, almonds and brazil nuts. Press firmly into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cool in the tin for 20 minutes then remove from the tin to cool completely before cutting into individual pieces
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.