Lyle's Berry Energy Golden Bars
- 150g (5½oz) butter
- 340g Lyle's Golden Syrup
- 6 tbsp milk
- 250g (9oz) oats with wheatbran
- 200g (7oz) dried apricots, chopped
- 100g (3½ oz) dried cranberries, blueberries or cherries
- 55g (2oz) toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 25g (1oz) seed mix (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350°F, Gas Mark 4. Line an 18cm x 28cm (7in x 11in) baking tin with baking parchment.
- Place the butter in a large saucepan with the Lyle’s Golden Syrup and melt together gently. Remove from the heat and add the milk. Stir in the oats, dried fruit and half the nuts and seeds. Pour the mix into the prepared tin, top with the remaining nuts and seeds and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars.