- 1 x 215g sheet, ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry 1 x 215g sheet, ready-rolled all-butter puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons whole milk, for glazing 2 tablespoons whole milk, for glazing
- 200ml double cream 200ml double cream
- 1 tablespoon Lyle's Golden Syrup, plus extra for glazing 1 tablespoon Lyle's Golden Syrup, plus extra for glazing
- 225g fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered 225g fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE
1. Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/Gas Mark 5 and line a baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Lay out the puff pastry and, with a 10cm pastry cutter or an upside-down glass, cut out 4 rounds. With a smaller 75cm pastry cutter (or a smaller upside-down glass), score a smaller cirle within the larger disk, but not all the way though. Glaze the pastry with the milk.
3. Carefully lay the pastry discs, with the middle and outer edge intact, on the lined tray and bake for 10 minutes, or until risen, crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
4. Whisk the double cream in a bowl until it forms soft peaks.
5. Very carefully cut around the inner circle (that was scored with the smaller pastry cutter) of each pastry disc with a small, sharp knife and remove the excess pastry from the middle to leave a crisp pastry case.
6. Mix the golden syrup into the whipped cream to make a delicate, sweet Chantilly cream. Fill the cases with the cream and top with mounds of strawberries. Heat through a little more golden syrup and use a pastry brush to glaze the strawberries before serving.
Try making these tarts with your favourite in-season berry.