Terms and Conditions of Website Use
T&L SUGARS LIMITED HTTP://WWW.LYLESGOLDENSYRUP.COM/
(Effective Date September 2012)
Thank you for visiting this website www.lylesgoldensyrup.com (the Site), which is owned and provided by T&L Sugars Limited. T&L Sugars Limited and its related, affiliated, or subsidiary companies are together Tate & Lyle Sugars. All references to we, us, and our in these terms and conditions (Terms), are deemed to refer to Tate & Lyle Sugars.
By accessing and browsing the Site, you automatically accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms. Please read these important Terms carefully before you use the Site. If you are using the Site for more than your own personal information, education or enjoyment, you could be violating these Terms and the law. If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must leave the Site immediately.
Tate & Lyle Sugars may revise these Terms at any time by updating this page. You should check the Site from time to time to review the current Terms. Certain provisions of these Terms may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms on particular pages on the Site.
You warrant that the Submission contains only your own material and content or material and content that you have undeniable rights to use and that Tate & Lyle Sugars' use of the Submission will not violate any third party’s rights. You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for any Submission you make and that you, and not Tate & Lyle Sugars, have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, copyright and non-infringement.
Although Tate & Lyle Sugars may from time to time monitor or review discussions, postings, transmissions, bulletin boards, and the like on this Site (Postings), we are under no obligation to do so and assume no responsibility or liability arising from the content of any such Posting or Submission, nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any information within such Postings or Submissions on this Site.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any material:
- that is unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, indecent, seditious, offensive, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, profane, in breach of confidence or privacy, which may cause annoyance or inconvenience, or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise be contrary to the law, or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world;
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
Tate & Lyle Sugars will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of anyone posting any such information or materials. Tate & Lyle Sugars may in its absolute discretion remove Postings and Submissions at any time, and for any reason.
No material from this Site may be copied, distributed or republished, displayed, licensed, sold, modified, reused, uploaded, posted or transmitted in any way, without the prior written consent of Tate & Lyle Sugars except as provided below. You may only print and download material for your own non-commercial, personal use displayed and identified on the Site as specifically available for downloading on the following basis:
- no documents or related graphics on the Site are modified in any way;
- no graphics on the Site are used separately from the corresponding text; and
- Tate & Lyle Sugar's copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices contained on the materials are not deleted or edited.
You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse repost or use the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including text, images, audio and video, without Tate & Lyle Sugars’ written permission. Modification or use of materials for any other purpose violates our intellectual property rights.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in all material on the Site (including without limitation photographs and graphical images) are owned by Tate & Lyle Sugars or its licensors. For the purposes of these Terms, any use of extracts from the Site other than in accordance with the Terms for any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any of the Terms, your permission to use the Site automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Site.
Software downloaded, including the files and images incorporated in or generated by the software and all accompanying data, is licensed to you for your personal, non-commercial use and may not be redistributed, sold, reverse-engineered, disassembled or otherwise converted to any other form. Additionally, software from this Site may be further subject to United Kingdom export laws, rules and regulations, as amended from time to time. No software from this Site may be downloaded or exported in violation of any applicable United Kingdom export laws, rules and regulations.
Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved. Copyright, if any, of third party material found in this Site must also be respected.
The Site may contain links allowing you to leave this Site for other websites that are not under the control of Tate & Lyle Sugars. These links are provided solely for your convenience and Tate & Lyle Sugars have not reviewed all the websites linked to this Site and are not responsible for the content of any other websites linked to this Site. Tate & Lyle Sugars does not endorse or make any representations about these websites, any material found there or any results that may be obtained from using them. A link from the Site does not imply Tate & Lyle Sugar's approval on the content contained of any other website.
Following links to any other website is at your own risk, and Tate & Lyle Sugars shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from access to, or use of, such websites. Please be mindful of this as you link to other outside websites.
Tate & Lyle Sugars does not object to links to our Site from third-party websites; however, any person or entity linking to our Site must strictly abide by the following rules:
- unless we have a written agreement with you, you may not use any of Tate & Lyle Sugars’ trademarks, logos or slogans in or with your links;
- you may link to this Site using the plain text name of this Site;
- you may link only to the home page of this Site;
- you do not present the link to this Site in any way that suggests Tate & Lyle Sugars has any relationship or affiliation with your website or endorses, sponsors or recommends the information, products or services on your website, unless you have a specific written agreement with us to do so;
- you do not misrepresent your relationship with Tate & Lyle Sugars or present any other false information about Tate & Lyle Sugars;
- you do not link from a website that is not owned by you;
- you do not link from a website that contains content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or otherwise does not comply with all applicable laws and regulations; and
- you do not, without Tate & Lyle Sugars’ written permission:
- incorporate any content from this Site into your website (e.g., by in-lining or framing); or
- use any of Tate & Lyle Sugars’ names, trademarks, slogans, or any other words or codes identifying Tate & Lyle Sugars Site in any "metatag". We will not tolerate links from any website that may adversely affect the name, reputation and goodwill of Tate & Lyle Sugars and its products. Tate & Lyle Sugars reserves the right to cancel permission to link at any time, for any reason.
You shall fully indemnify Tate & Lyle Sugars for any loss or damage suffered by Tate & Lyle Sugars for breaching the Terms of linking above.
The trademarks, logos, characters and service marks (collectively Trademarks) displayed on this Site belong to Tate & Lyle Sugars or are used with permission. Nothing contained on this Site should be construed as granting any licence or right to use any Trademark displayed on this Site. Your use/misuse of the Trademarks displayed on this Site, or any other content on this Site, except as provided in these Terms, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that Tate & Lyle Sugars will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
Tate & Lyle Sugars, at its discretion, may suspend or terminate the access of and take other action against users, subscribers, registrants and account holders who infringe the copyright rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online website are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that website;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Tate & Lyle Sugars to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Tate & Lyle Sugars to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and that the complaining party is authorised to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please send your notice to:
T&L Sugars Limited Attn: Legal Department Thames Refinery, Factory Road, Silvertown LONDON, E16 2EW. UK.
We urge you to consult with your legal adviser before filing a notice or counter-notice.
Your use of, and browsing on, this Site is at your own risk. Tate & Lyle Sugars assumes no liability and shall not be liable for any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer equipment or other property on account of your use of this Site. Tate & Lyle Sugars makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy and completeness of anything contained on the Site. Tate & Lyle Sugars may make changes to the material on the Site at any time without notice. The material on the Site may be out of date and Tate and Lyle Sugars makes no commitment to update such material.
The material on the Site is provided on an "as is" basis. Accordingly, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Tate & Lyle Sugars provides you with the Site on the basis that it excludes all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms (including, without limitation, the conditions implied by law of satisfactory quality, fitness for purpose and the use of reasonable care and skill) which, but for these Terms, might have effect in relation to the Site.
Tate & Lyle Sugars, any other party (whether or not involved in creating, producing, maintaining or delivering the Site), and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, vendors, suppliers, shareholders or agents, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in connection with the Site in any way or in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Site, any websites linked to the Site or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Site or your downloading of any material from the Site or any websites linked to the Site. Liability is excluded even if an authorised representative of Tate & Lyle Sugars has been advised of or should have known of the possibility of such damages.
Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit Tate & Lyle Sugar's liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence (as such term is defined by the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977);
- misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
If your use of material on the Site results in the need for servicing, repair or correction of equipment, software or data, you assume all costs thereof.
If you elect to register on our Site and select a user name and password, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password. Further, you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Tate & Lyle Sugars and its affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising from or related to your use of the Site or any breach by you of these Terms.
While Tate & Lyle Sugars endeavours to ensure that the Site is normally available 24 hours a day, Tate & Lyle Sugars shall not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to the Site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Tate & Lyle Sugar's control.
This Site is intended for residents of England and Wales only. Tate & Lyle Sugars makes no representation that the materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations. If you access the Site from locations other than England and Wales you are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws.
These Terms represent the complete agreement between the parties and supersede all prior agreements and representations between them.
Headings used in these Terms are for reference purposes only and in no way define or limit the scope of the section.
If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable and the other terms of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
The failure of Tate & Lyle Sugars to act with respect to a breach of these Terms by you or others does not constitute a waiver and shall not limit Tate & Lyle Sugars' rights with respect to such breach or any subsequent breaches.
These Terms shall be governed by and construed under English Law and disputes arising in connection with these Terms or your use of this Site shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. These laws may not necessarily be consistent with the laws and regulations of your home country.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms or your dealings with this Site, please contact us at:
T&L Sugars Limited
Thames Refinery, Factory Road, Silvertown,
LONDON, E16 2EW. UK.
Tel: +44 (0) 207 476 4455
Fax: +44 (0) 207 540 1848
Â© 2013 T&L Sugars Limited. All rights reserved.